Fremantle Prison is a fantastic location for your next school excursion. Explore your tour options here.
Bookings are essential. Minimum two to three weeks notice preferred. Bookings can be made by telephone 08 9336 9210 (preferred) or email (email@example.com).
Fremantle Prison's Tour Guides can take a maximum of 35 people per group for Prison Tours or Torchlight Tours. Please note, these maximum numbers include supervisors and carers. If you have more than 35 participants we will split them into multiple groups - with tours departing at the same time where possible. Tunnels Tours can accommodate a maximum of 13 people per group, including adult supervisors, and participants must be aged 12 and over.
On Tour Discipline
Our Tour Guides are committed to providing all students with the best possible experience from their visit to Fremantle Prison.
As each group has its own objectives for the visit and ground rules for student conduct, we ask that one of the teachers or helpers accompany the Tour Guide throughout the tour to help us make sure that the information presented is targeted to your educational needs and to bring the group to order when necessary.
At least one supervisor must accompany every tour. As per the above information, our Tour Guides can take a maximum of 35 people per group for Prison Tours or Torchlight Tours. One supervisor per 10 students on Prison Day Tours or Torchlight Tours will be permitted entry free of charge. Additional supervisors will incur a fee equal to the concession rate. Carers admitted free of charge on presentation of valid Companion Cards. 1:1. This free of charge supervisor policy applies to school bookings only.
Certificate of Currency
Fremantle Prison holds Public Liability Insurance to the value of $600,000,000.00. A copy of our 2020/21 Certificate of Currency can be downloaded here.
Safety and Emergency Information
- Fremantle Prison is committed to providing a safe learning environment for all visitors. The following information pertains specifically to school groups.
- Prior to and on completion of the tour all students must be supervised by teachers / helpers.
- One teacher / helper to accompany the tour guide throughout the tour to ensure that the information presented is targeted to educational needs and to bring the group to order when necessary
- During the tour a guide will accompany the students at all times.
- Fremantle Prison Tour Guides are trained in processes relevant to emergency evacuation procedures and medical emergencies. All guides carry radios for immediate communication.
- At the start of each tour visitors are provided with safety information.
- Torches are provided to all guests for Torchlight Tours.
- Emergency throughways are kept clean and clear of safety and fire hazards. All emergency lighting is fully operational to AS 2293. All emergency exit signage is operational.
Save money and help the environment on your next excursion to Fremantle Prison. For more information on using public transport for your excursion contact the Transperth Education Team on phone 08 9326 3970, or visit the 'Get on Board' website.
Fremantle Prison YHA
Located in the former Women’s Division of the Prison, Fremantle Prison YHA provides a range of accommodation options for your class. You can visit their website for more information.Fremantle Prison YHA